Thursday 20 December 2012

Best Songs of 2012! (10-6)

On to the top 10!

10. Grizzly Bear - Yet Again
Effortless stuff. The chief claim against GB was they made pretty, yet meandering indie rock.  I think the latest album, 'Shields', allays those calls.



9. Burial - Ashtray Wasp
When I first listened to this track it felt like a mini EP in itself.  Fragmented and almost claustrophobic. The second time I played it, I understood this was the point.



8. Twin Shadow - Five Seconds
Propulsive and lilting. Just what a summer single of this elk should be.



7. Tame Impala - Feels Like We Only Go Backwards
Wonderful single. A throwback to 60s sunshine pop with an undeniable Lennon-esque vocal.  Not particularly a homage or a rip off, just lovingly nostalgic.




6. TNGHT - Bugg'n
This LP is too much fun. Make ya wanna dance! This is my fave of the bunch.




No comments:

Post a Comment